Smash Fight Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSB4's newest community.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slight change of the name?

Go down 
+3
Yuchkins
LegendaryNoob
Morph Boy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

Slight change of the name? Empty
PostSubject: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:21 pm

I know that Red is going to immediately say no, but I'll ask anyway.
Can we change the name of the game, which is Smash Fight Genesis and SFG for short, to Smash Mash Genesis? The main reason why I want the name changed is because the initials would look cool (SMG), but if Red wants it to remain the same, I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Morph Boy wrote:
I know that Red is going to immediately say no, but I'll ask anyway.
Can we change the name of the game, which is Smash Fight Genesis and SFG for short, to Smash Mash Genesis? The main reason why I want the name changed is because the initials would look cool (SMG), but if Red wants it to remain the same, I'm fine with that.
Smash Fight Genesis sounds good as it is. There is no point on changing the title...
SFG sounds as good as SMG (and not to be confused as a compact weapon with high fire rate)
Back to top Go down
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Well, that's why I wanted it that way. Smash Mash Genesis would be analogous with a type of rapid-fire gun. But yeah, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Yuchkins
Traveler
Yuchkins

Location : Having some time alone with underaged, chained girls.

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Smash Mash... sounds really ghey, to say the least.

I do agree that it should be changed, though, since the 'Smash' part on the name has confused some people, leading them to think it's a Smash fangame when it apparently isn't.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Yuchkins wrote:

I do agree that it should be changed, though, since the 'Smash' part on the name has confused some people, leading them to think it's a Smash fangame when it apparently isn't.
Well, we don't know what to with the game's core gameplay yet. It can be anything on this point.
Back to top Go down
Red
Admin
Red

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:08 pm

LegendaryNoob wrote:
Yuchkins wrote:

Well, we don't know what to with the game's core gameplay yet. It can be anything on this point.
This, and you should all be aware of how SSF2 is, being 80k in popularity, being a smash game, we would never last.

So I actually thought that we would of been able to go with the assumption. We're still figuring out the game's core system as stated above so the name given could change at any central moment.
Back to top Go down
https://smashfightgenesis.forumotion.com
Da Generic Name
Traveler
Da Generic Name

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:09 pm

SMG is also the same acronym as Super Mario Galaxy.
Meh, I kinda like Smash fight.
Back to top Go down
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:05 pm

LegendaryNoob wrote:
Yuchkins wrote:

Which reminds me. I think we agreed on something for the core gameplay that I came up with on the old forum. I post it in the appropriate section when I find it.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Morph Boy wrote:
LegendaryNoob wrote:
Yuchkins wrote:

Which reminds me. I think we agreed on something for the core gameplay that I came up with on the old forum. I post it in the appropriate section when I find it.
It is not necessary. The Admins are discussing it, and when it is time, we will showcase several ideas for you guys to decide...
Back to top Go down
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 pm

You're a little too late with that response. I already posted it; we might as well discuss it and improve upon what we got anyway.
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow
Shop Keeper
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:09 am

...what's with the Genesis part?
Back to top Go down
AEM
Traveler
AEM

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:02 am

SomebodyUDon'tKnow wrote:
This

But I think the current name is alright.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:12 am

AEM wrote:
This

But I think the current name is alright.
Genesis means the beginning.
It's the name of the chapter in the beginning of the bible.
So, this game is the beginning of change [/bullshit]
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow
Shop Keeper
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 am

So we're giving the game as Christians?
Back to top Go down
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 am

No. It means that this will be the first fighter of its kind. I think the goal here is to achieve a hybrid of the best aspects of fighting games and put them into one and for it to actually work.
The first chapter of the bible has nothing to do with the name of the game.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Morph Boy wrote:
No. It means that this will be the first fighter of its kind. I think the goal here is to achieve a hybrid of the best aspects of fighting games and put them into one and for it to actually work.
The first chapter of the bible has nothing to do with the name of the game.
I think you forgot that I was totally bullshitting my way to keep the name. (hence [/bullshit])
I was using the chapter as an example, not comparing it...
I totally hate reciting those things, so yea.
Back to top Go down
SomebodyUDon'tKnow
Shop Keeper
SomebodyUDon'tKnow

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:22 am

Good, because I'm not Christian.
Back to top Go down
Yuchkins
Traveler
Yuchkins

Location : Having some time alone with underaged, chained girls.

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Good, because I'm not Christian.

Or follow any other religion. So yeah, good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight change of the name?   Slight change of the name? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slight change of the name?
Page 1 of 1