Smash Fight Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSB4's newest community.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Boss Battle Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

First Boss Battle Idea Empty
PostSubject: First Boss Battle Idea   First Boss Battle Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:20 pm

So, I was thinking: what's what everyone wants at the end of Arcade Mode in fighting games? Good boss battles, that's what. And what better boss than Bowser (which also means that I obviously revoke my nomination for Bowser appearing in the first demo).

For Normal Difficulty and below, the Boss Battle would be two stages. The first stage would be Normal Bowser. His move set would be from Super Princess Peach, as would his sprites. He would have the normal amount of health as a normal character. However, once he first runs out of health, the Dark Star appears and merges with him, restoring his health fully and changing his sprites to that of M&L: BIS. Once his health bar is depleted again, then he is fully defeated and the player has finished this round of Arcade Mode... for Normal and below difficulty.

If the player is on Hard or above, after the win screen, it cuts to a cut scene similar to in Melee where Bowser reappears, gets struck by lightning, and transforms into Giga Bowser (I found sprites, so don't worry).

Spoiler:

Anyway, after that brutality, then and only then would Bowser be defeated.
Oh, and did I mention that this song plays when the cut scene starts?

What do you guys think? I'll move this to my Story section once I become official.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: First Boss Battle Idea   First Boss Battle Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 pm

If the HP based system comes around, then I would reject the idea of Bowser as the arcade final boss. If it's the regular percentage, I would gladly accept the idea....
Back to top Go down
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

PostSubject: Re: First Boss Battle Idea   First Boss Battle Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:01 pm

I think both are going to be an option in this game. Besides, this idea operates better with the HP system anyway. And plus, we're using different sprites for this version of Bowser; that's why I said the first stage of the fight would be using Super Princess Peach style sprites. I had planned on playable Bowser using M&L: BIS sprites.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryNoob
Shop Keeper
LegendaryNoob

PostSubject: Re: First Boss Battle Idea   First Boss Battle Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:04 pm

For me, an HP battle against Bowser sounds too easy for me....
Back to top Go down
Morph Boy
Shop Keeper
Morph Boy

PostSubject: Re: First Boss Battle Idea   First Boss Battle Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, we can double all three health bars then.
We can work around the issues.
Also, I need you to go to chat as soon as possible. I has some things to discuss with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Boss Battle Idea   First Boss Battle Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Boss Battle Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Smash Fight Genesis :: Game Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: